Renewal, Deletion & Recovery Info
Domain names registered through our domain name registration services in accordance with the Moniker Service Agreement, set forth at https://www.moniker.com/legal.jsp (the “Service Agreement”), are registered for fixed periods of time, and such registrations are subject to this Domain Name Renewal, Deletion, Recovery Information, and Fees Policy.
In order to best assist you with the renewal of your domain names, we will send you multiple e-mail reminders and notifications to the e-mail provided in your account as your administrative contact information for the applicable domain name (the “Administrative Contact”), both before and after your domain name’s expiration date, as follows:
- You will receive an e-mail notification that your domain name will be expiring a minimum of thirty (30) days prior to its expiration date, and another e-mail notification a minimum of seven (7) days prior to its expiration date. These e-mails will contain instructions on how you may renew your domain name registration. We may also send you additional reminders that your domain name registration will be expiring in weekly e-mails beginning as early as seventy-five (75) days prior to its expiration date.
- If you do not renew your domain name registration, you will receive one additional e-mail notification from us within five (5) days after the domain name’s registration expiration date. This e-mail will contain instructions on how you may renew your domain name registration. We may also send you additional reminders that your domain name registration has expired in weekly e-mails through the end of the Renewal Grace Period, defined below.
- If you do not renew your domain name registration, the existing DNS resolution path you identified for your domain name registration may be interrupted, to the extent the applicable Registry Operator permits such interruption, and that web traffic to the domain name will be directed to a “Special Landing Page” of our choosing, including any “for sale,” “parking,” or special “idle” webpage containing such things as, without limitation, (i) links to additional products and services offered by Moniker; (ii) advertisements for products and services offered by third parties; and (iii) internet search engine interfaces. A Special Landing Page shall also contain instructions, or a link to such instructions, on how you may renew your domain name registration.
- If you own multiple domain name registrations that will expire at approximately the same time, the e-mail reminders and notifications contemplated above will include a list of all such domain name registrations and will indicate, for each domain name listed, whether the domain name (i) will be expiring, and the date of expiration; (ii) has expired; or (iii) is available for renewal.
You are responsible for your domain names and their registrations. As such, you should take all reasonable precautions to ensure that you receive your renewal reminder notices to avoid inadvertently allowing your domain name registrations to expire, and you should always proactively investigate and know the status of your domain names. We are not liable to you for your failure to timely renew your domain name, even if such a failure results from the fact that you did not receive a notification e-mail from us as set forth above. Reasonable precautions might include, but not be limited to:
- Confirm that the e-mail address in your Administrative Contact is current, accessible, and in proper working order;
- Use an e-mail in the Administrative Contact that is not tied to a domain name that may be allowed to expire and, if you must use an e-mail that uses the domain in question, provide a secondary e-mail address to where notifications may be sent;
- Add our e-mail address domain, @moniker.com, to your e-mail’s safe sender list;
- Check your account’s online dashboard regularly to keep up with the status of your domain names;
- Proactively renew critical domain names before their expiration dates and for multiple-year periods; and
- If using our Auto-Renew Services, ensure that you either have a valid credit card on file or sufficient funds in your account to cover the expenses of renewing your domain names.
To renew your domain names prior to their expiration date or following their expiration date until the domain name either (i) undergoes a Post Term Renewal and Transfer as defined below, or (ii) is marked as pending delete, please follow the instructions below:
- Log in to your Moniker account.
- Go to “My Domains” and select the domain name or names you wish to renew.
- To the left of the selected domain names, under “Domain Actions,” click “Domain Renewal.”
- Under “Renew Your Domains Instructions,” click on “Click Here,” and then on “Renew all the names you have selected at once by clicking here.”
- On the next screen, you will see “Domain Renewal Term Selection.” Select the number of years for which you want to renew your domain name, and then click on “Add to Cart.”
- Click “Continue Checkout.”
- Select the payment method.
- Click “Check Out,” then on “Buy Now.”
- You will receive a confirmation e-mail once the order is complete.
To renew your domain names after they are marked as expired or pending delete until the domain name either (i) undergoes a Post Term Renewal and Transfer, as defined below, or (ii) is deleted, please follow the instructions below:
- Log in to your Moniker account.
- Go to “Dashboard” and select “Domains Pending Registrar Delete – Renew Now”.
- Next, under “Renewal of Domains Pending Delete,” select the domains to be renewed, then click “Add to Cart.”
- From the shopping cart, you will see “Quantity.” Select the number of years for which you want to renew each domain, then click “Check Out.”
- Select the method of payment then click on “Buy Now.” You will receive a confirmation email once the order is complete.
To redeem a deleted domain name during a Registry Redemption Grace Period, as defined below, please contact customer support in any manner set forth at https://www.moniker.com/support.jsp.
Post-Expiration Renewals and Deletions
If you do not renew your domain name registration by its expiration date, the registration may become subject to deletion or resale in accordance with policies enacted by the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (“ICANN”). Consequently, if you desire to renew your domain name registration, we strongly urge you to do so in advance of its expiration date to avoid any unintended deletions. A domain name that is not renewed, sold, or transferred after its expiration will be deleted.
In an effort to help you avoid the unintentional deletion of your domain name registrations, we may provide you with a “Renewal Grace Period.” A Renewal Grace Period will begin one (1) day after the domain name registration’s expiration date and will continue until the first to occur of (i) a Post Term Renewal and Transfer; or (ii) deletion of the domain name registration. During the Renewal Grace Period, we will add “Domains Expired” or “Domains Pending Registrar Delete - Renew Now” links to the “My Account” area of your account so you can easily see which of your domain names are up for renewal at different stages.
You may renew your domain name registration at any time during the Renewal Grace Period using the methods set forth in this policy or in any Special Landing Page. We will restore the domain name to the resolution path set by you as soon as is commercially reasonable after a timely renewal.
If you do not renew your domain name prior to its expiration date, or prior to the end of the Renewal Grace Period, you agree that we may, but are not required to, at any time prior to its deletion, (i) attempt to find a third party who is interested in registering, purchasing, or back-ordering the domain name, and (ii) transfer the domain name registration to such third party on your behalf (a “Post Term Renewal and Transfer”). Notwithstanding any right you may have to renew your domain name prior to deletion or as contained in any renewal instruction located on a Special Landing Page, your failure to timely renew your domain name shall constitute your consent to such a Post Term Renewal and Transfer. We are not obligated to compensate you in any way should your previously-registered domain names be the subject of a Post Term Renewal and Transfer.
Please note that, to provide you with the Renewal Grace Period, we are obligated to pay the Registry Operator for all domain name renewals on the day the domain name expires, provided the domain name has not previously been renewed by you prior to its expiration date. We therefore take ownership of all expired domain names until such time as they are renewed, auctioned, sold, or deleted.
If an expired domain name registration is not renewed or transferred as outlined above, we will, absent extenuating circumstances, delete the domain name registration. Registry Operators, as that term is defined in the Service Agreement, may provide registrars with the ability to “redeem” a deleted domain name registration, and we in turn will provide you with the ability to redeem your domain name registration. Except in the case of a gTLD Registry Operator, such a “Registry Redemption Grace Period” may not be guaranteed, and you should renew your domain name registration before it expires to avoid the unintended deletion of your domain name registration. Currently, Registry Operators provide, and in the case of a gTLD Registry Operator is required to provide, a Redemption Grace Period for thirty (30) days from the date of deletion. Except for ICANN-approved bulk transfers and permitted partial bulk transfers, a gTLD domain name can only be redeemed during a Registry Redemption Grace Period; it cannot be transferred or resolved. To familiarize yourself with the potentially differing domain renewal and term policies, please review the TLD policies, available at https://www.moniker.com/help/delete-autorenew-details.jsp.
If you choose to redeem your domain name during any such Registry Redemption Grace Period, you agree to pay us a fee of $125.00 US, plus any renewal fees for the domain name registration. To redeem a deleted domain name during a Registry Redemption Grace Period, please contact customer support in any manner set forth at https://www.moniker.com/support.jsp.
A domain name registration that is not redeemed by the expiration of the Registry Redemption Grace Period will be placed on “Pending Delete” status with the Registry Operator for five (5) additional days, after which it will be deleted and the domain name character string will once again become available for registration by any party.
Effect of UDRP or URS Proceedings
In the event that your domain name registration becomes the subject of a Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy (“UDRP”) or Uniform Rapid System (“URS”) proceeding and expires or is deleted during the course of such dispute, the party that filed the UDRP or URS proceeding will have the option to renew or restore the domain name registration under the same commercial terms afforded to you. If the case ultimately is terminated or the arbitrator finds against the filing party, the name may be deleted within forty-five (45) days, subject to the Registry Redemption Grace Period, be renewed by Moniker, or be renewed by you, subject to the Renewal Grace Period.
Renewal & Redemption Fees
Renewal & Redemption Fees
|Domain Extension||Renewal Fee Before Expiry||Renewal Fee After Expiry Before the Registry Grace Redemption Period||Renewal +Redemption Fee During the Registry Redemption Grace Period|
|.com||$9.59||$9.59||$9.59 + $125|
|.net||$8.59||$8.59||$8.59 + $125|
|.org||$10.09||$10.09||$10.09 + $125|
|.info||$6.99||$6.99||$6.99 + $125|
|.biz||$9.69||$9.69||$9.69 + $125|
|.asia||$13.99||$13.99||$13.99 + $125|
|.aero||$98.67||$98.67||$98.67 + $125|
|.jobs||$157.30||$157.30||$157.30 + $125|
|.mobi||$8.69||$8.69||$8.69 + $125|
|.name||$8.29||$8.29||$8.29 + $125|
|.tel||$14.99||$14.99||$14.99 + $125|
|.travel||$98.99||$98.99||$98.99 + $125|
|.xxx||$98.00||$98.00||$98.00 + $125|